Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Determined to Achieve

When you get a major task done the sense of achievement can be so immense, you just want to tell the world about it. If it is a major project that you have been working on for months, the fulfilment of the project can give you a feeling similar to the enjoyment you get at the birth of a child. Like a child, sometimes the project needs nurturing and tweaking to make it better. I have designed and built a website for the Scottish Stove Centre ( www.scottishstovecentre.co.uk ). It is the biggest site I have built to date and has involved a lot of hours of work in my free time to finish it on time. I was so determined to reach the deadline that I didn't mind. The benefits to me will be profitable in time, as more people see what I can do. Being determined to achieve might mean that as you strive to do so you have to go the extra mile, sometimes for free, in the belief that it will be worth it in the end. The immediate reward is the powerful sense of achievement, you get on completion. Then comes the spin offs. It can take baby steps to achieve your goal but it can be worth the effort just like in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment