Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Working Determination


It has been longer than I intended since I posted here. That is because an awful lot of life changing events have happened in the last three years. Some of the changes have come about from my inner determination to be grateful for the opportunities that have presented themselves.

Now I am sorry if that sounds like I am frightfully pleased with myself. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have gone down a few interesting paths and found them to be unsuitable for me. At times I have been truly down and felt trapped. When in this situation it can be hard to pull yourself together and move forward. Yet if you hold tight to the belief that some truly great opportunity is just round the corner, and are both prepared and determined to grab it, sometimes without knowing all it entails. You will attract good things, and out of the blue someone will offer you something you didn't expect.

To illustrate what I mean, I was working in a shop when someone I have known for a long time, came in and asked me about blogging. This conversation led to a job that I loved, and one that I feel I made my own. It was a very sad day when, for family reasons, I had to leave that job as an even bigger adventure was about to begin.

We were moving to Ireland.

This move proved to be a huge challenge, and also shows what I am saying about grabbing opportunities even without knowing everything. We felt that the kids needed a new school and cousins nearer their age; so we moved without having jobs to go to or having sold our house. The kids have settled really well into their new school, and have started things that they would not have done in Scotland. They have daily interaction with their cousins and have a good bunch of friends.

I have joined the local rotary club and am loving it. It has given me a chance to meet some great people, and I am about to become the club President. There are aspects of our new life that we hope will improve in the coming months, and some things have happened back in Scotland that are pulling at my heartstrings. I am determined to find an opportunity to change things in a way that improves my immediate family's life and lets me see my Scottish family regularly.

After all my determination has presented me with some great opportunities, and ones that I plan to build on. There is going to be some difficult times ahead, but I determined to try and stay positive. With the support of my wife I have got through some difficult years, and she is still there beside me as we look forward to a bright future.

Determination works.

As a way to have fun and get an additional income is by using the Advert Platform. You can spend 10 minutes a day and gradually build an income. The Advert Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment