Pages

Friday 25 April 2014

Grateful for Staus Quo

The band produced great music, but this is not about them. By starting from where you are you can make each day count. To do this you need a positive attitude, and the best way to have one is by being grateful for what you have and where you are. This includes being grateful for the experiences you have had along the road of life; both the ups and the downs; for they all make us stronger. If you can be grateful for your experiences of both sorts then you will attract people and they will want to work with you. More importantly you will see the silver lining to every cloud and believe in yourself. This will enable you move onwards and upwards. As it says in his book Make Every Day Count, Max Lucad talks about being grateful for Sour days, ungrateful days, as well as catastrophic days. As followers of this blog will know I have small children, for whom I have been Daddy Day Care and now that they are at school I am fortunate my job at the Scottish Stove Centre enables me to drop them off and be there to pick them up at the end of the school day. This came about because even though I was doing something I might rather not be; I was using my time to teach myself a new skill that other people heard about, and so I was approached to do the same for the Stove Centre and create them a website (www.scottishstovecentre.co.uk). My gratitude for the chaotic and stressed-out days shone through and presented me with a possibility I didn't think possible. I got a better job that a lot of the interviews I had been to in the previous 5 years. By being grateful for the status quo, you are happier in yourself and more appreciative of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment